
Bart and I were talking one night before bed about the way our parents did things as a family, and how we hope to try to do things with our kids as they grow up. I was telling Bart how grateful I was that Mom and Dad always tried to have scripture study as a family, even when it was just Grant and me. I remember back when everyone was at home having scripture study that this was the beginning of my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I can remember feeling the power of that great book and the love it brought into my heart as we would all read together. As I look back it is amazing how the Holy Spirit can bring those things back to my mind so many years later.
I am so grateful to Mom and Dad always striving to read and study the words of Christ within our home and planting the seeds of the testimony of a little girl, years ago. I hope that I will do the same for my own children and create a great love of the Book of the Mormon, as well.
I have come to realize that the Book of Mormon has strengthened our big family with all of its various needs, and I might add Mom and Dad's marriage. I know that the Book of Mormon is the glue in a relationship, as it reminds us of the focus we need to have on Jesus Christ, instead of ourselves. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for showing all of us how powerful of a book this is in anyone's life.
1 comment:
I remember being asked to participate in these reading sessions. I would often participate because then I didn't have to go home and we could have a treat and play after. seriously though what i do remember most about them and what I try and instill in my own family is the discussion of the reading to gain further light and knowledge. Thanks
Post a Comment